The Trouble with Twelfth Grave by Darynda Jones

HOLY MOSES!!! Talk about a fast wild ride! Fast as this is only 20 chapters long. Wild because I barely caught my breath through the full story! Darynda delivers another fantastic chapter in the Charley Davidson & Reyes Alexander Farrow story! And I am all agog!

Yes, I said Agog! I did not think she could surprise me further, but she did and has succeeded to leave me completely awed and itching for the Thirteenth Grave!

Friends if you haven't read this series yet, honestly, why haven't you started?

Okay, so this book opens with Charley telling her story of how Reyes went into the God Glass and came out all dark and scary. She is talking to a woman who hired her to find out who is haunting her house. Turns out it's the woman herself. Charley tells her she died years before and it's her Granddaughter and Great Grandson she keeps seeing in the house. Curiously, the woman does not see her Great Granddaughter who is sitting in front of Charley asking her all kinds of questions.

From there we have surreal and gruesome murders, the angry God brother to Jehovah who happens to be Reyes himself to deal with! And the icing is Cookie's Daughter has started her own Detective Agency with her boyfriend. She is asking Charley for help with her first case.

I am telling you, you won't be able to put this book down! I sure couldn't. And as soon as this is submitted, I plan to read it again, slower, delving into the twisted plot line to find all the nuances I miss the first reading.

I hope you love Darynda Jones and her Charley Davidson Grim Reaper Series as much as I do!
Now get out and buy that book. Here is the link!

Comments

Popular Posts