“The Cats Came Back” by Sofie Kelly (A Magical Cats Mystery) Book 10



I came into this series on this book, so I have serious back reading to do to catch up. But Sofie Kelly does such a wonderful job writing this story that I had no trouble following along.

This story opens with Kathleen having a discussion with her cats about a "Corpse" they had left on her drivers seat of the truck. I thought, "wow, dead body already"? Then I realized it was a corpse of the hunter kitty variety, as in something kitties love to gift their owners with to show what great hunters they are. Ha... great heart pumping start to a story and a good laugh too.

The story moves at a very nice pace with lots of lovely interactions with Kathleen and friends, plus her cats, lots of subplots to move the story right along. We have the murder of a young woman during the music festival and Kathleen has a hard time believing anyone could want to kill her, she was just so nice. Kathleen is asked to look into the murder because with the Music Festival and all the performers in town who would be much more likely to talk with her as opposed to the police. She reluctantly agrees.

I was kept wondering who the killer truly was up until the last few chapters. And even then I was still only suspecting who the true culprit was. This story was well written and a totally fun read.

I look forward to going back and reading the first 9 books in this series. I highly recommend "The Cats Came Back"!

This is a definite 2 Thumbs Up!

Comments

Popular Posts