Lorna Barrett’s Booktown Mysteries, Book 12, “Poisoned Pages”

I’ve read every book in the series, and the story just gets better and better. I love the development of the characters from start to finish. And in this book, I just have no words, it was so good.

This book we find the relationship between the two main characters, Sisters Tricia and Angelica Miles, is strained due to multiple factors. The progression of events really test their harmony and strength of their relationship in many ways. And we see such change and growth to those closest to them!

It opens with the long awaited sentencing of Bob Kelley, who had killed Tricia’s ex-husband. Not only isn’t he remorseful but he twistedly blames Tricia for everything and curses her in court! This sets the tone for everything that follows.

Tricia has a housewarming party that evening and one of the guests starts choking and goes into anaphylaxis after eating one of her stuffed mushrooms. But everyone else had eaten them and were fine. Tricia is sure Bob's curse was somehow coming true.

And why was Angelica acting so funny? Suddenly pensive and even depressed. It is bothering Tricia who has come to enjoy how close they had become and it hurts to feel like Angelica is pulling away.

And who is the prankster causing all kinds of cruel pranks like knocking out the lights in the alley behind her shop? Egging the front window? Causing Tricia to fall at least two times and injuring her.

This book is fast paced, and has several plot lines. The twists keep you guessing. And the recipes keep you drooling!

I highly recommend Poisoned Pages, get it now on preorder from Amazon!

(Added from my review written for Amazon & Goodreads)
Something I see in real life and in these books is people who go off the rails and do something horrible and never admitting their own fault. They have to have a scapegoat and someone else they blame for every bad thing they did. Lorna beautifully portrays not only that crazy way of thinking but shows the damage it can do to those around them, both the person they blame and the relationships of those around them.

Tricia and Angelica end up dealing with the fallout and their friends worry about them. I love every second of this book. I had to deal with a person who went off the rails and ended up in jail and I saw some of how what he did effected me. It was closely reflected in what Tricia and Angelica go through. I love how they deal and I felt a bit of healing in my own life thanks to this story.

This series just keeps getting better and better. I hope you enjoy “Poisoned Pages” as much as I did!

Comments

Popular Posts